What to Expect: Internal Medicine
Our Board Certified Internal Medicine Specialists are available to see new consults and emergency cases Monday-Friday.
When you bring your pet in for a consult and ultrasound plan to be here about 90 minutes. If an ultrasound is not being performed the consultation should take closer to one hour.
During the consultation the Internist will review your pet’s medical history, perform a physical exam, discuss recommended diagnostics and treatments, as well as answer any questions you may have.
Once diagnostics and/or a treatment plan are decided on your pet may need to spend a few hours with us after the consultation in order to perform the diagnostic test(s) needed.
Once you have had your consultation with the Internist and are bringing your pet in for further diagnostic on another day for testing or procedures there are a few things you can expect:
- Drop off for Internal Medicine is between 8-9a
- No food after 10a the night before but water through the night is usually fine.
- Please bring any medications your pet is taking with you
- Please bring those medications in the prescription bottles
For patients that are being dropped off with us for the day the receptionists will have a form for you to fill out that will give the internist current information regarding your pet.
- The form includes current concerns you have for your pet, when they last ate, when they last received their medications, etc. Click the link below to preview this form: